Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Brace Yo'self fo' Tha Deluge

Given my current situation in life, which affords me lots of spare time, I have slowly slid into the world of blogging. I never really considered it until exposed to my friend Ben's blog and various blogs of fictional-type characters. I started formulating ideas for writing and posts while on the bus, walking, and other times when my mind was clutching and scraping for stimulus. As I looked into the idea a bit more I found that blogs are as numerous and variable (in both content and quality) as internet pages in general. I felt in no way obligated to make a blog on a specific topic, but I think it is a fairly benign way to write something in a venue where it might be seen by others without causing them interference. (I had previously considered, for example, writing "letters to the editor" or posting my thoughts in anonymous newsletters in bathroom stalls. But those (a) would probably be annoying to others, as I might find such things annoying; (b) cannot be done at work; (c) require more work than my opinions may be worth anyway.)

So here I am, blog, writing about a blog on a blog. And by addressing that last sentance to the blog itself in the second person, I suppose I am truly blogging to a blog, on a blog, about blogging. This is probably known as metablogging (it certainly should be) and is very likely a stereotypical first topic. WELL CHILL OUT, BLOG. I'm just warming up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home