Friday, December 23, 2005

Last time it was 6am on a Saturday

The stupid neighbors have this dog that they let out in the morning and then they let it bark until kingdom come without letting it back in. The damned thing started barking at like 8am and by 8:40 I was wide awake and it was still going. It was all "arf! arf! arf!... ARRROOOOOOOOOO!" over and over with almost the same exact pattern. It's like SHAKE IT UP DUDE TIME FOR THE REMIX. Maybe the dog thinks he is sending some specific message, and he's just really slow on the uptake that it's not working. Or maybe he's the bass in an a cappella group of backyard animals and they were practicing. While this is a very cute idea, I suspect it's not true because (a) it is not a Disney movie (did they need to practice anyway?) and (b) dogs usually eat things they find in the backyard.

I bet the neighbors put him out there and just fall back asleep, unaware or uncaring that everyone else in the world is being kept awake. If I actually lived here I'd probably go over and say something, but it's not my place. So instead I came down to the basement and gently kicked my dad off the computer (he wakes up super early anyway because he is Old) so I could goof off for a while. I hope that the dog has awful gas whenever they let him back in. That's it, nothing too malicious, just a stinky dog for a while. I mean, 'tis the season to wish nothing worse on your neighbor than a stinky dog, as they say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home