Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Did You Know

that it only takes a day to switch yourself into a nocturnal mode? Just stay up all night talking, then sleep through most of the next day, and you'll be up at 3:30 the following morning writing on the internet about the scourge of the diurnal lifestyle. I've actually heard that the best way to adjust to a new time/sleep schedule, if you're visiting Japan for example, is to stay up from when you arrive until you should be going to bed the next day. You may not sleep for 22 hours or something, but when you wake up the next day your circadian rhythm will be right on track. So maybe I inadvertently told my body that I'm on Alaska Standard Time?

PS- I think "rhythm" is one of the weirdest-looking words in English.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home