Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Ring Ring

Okay, I'll be the first to admit it, I've really phoned it in these last few weeks. That has largely been due to frustrations in other aspects of my life. (Non-blog aspects, that is.) But that's all going to change starting today! Yes, today is the day! Monday was spent as a recovery from a cold and my weekend away from frustration. Tuesday was when I warily eyed the rest of my life, forming a plan and staking my claim in the realm of effectiveness. And today, Wednesday, I carried out my plan alacritously! Observe all of the things that I have done today, and be amazed:

• Shaved (believe me, this was a big deal.)
• Called the Temp Agency since I am jobless again/still
• Renewed my prescription
• Sent the too-large belt I ordered back for an exchange
• Dropped off some checks at my bank to be cashed
• Payed 2 bills
• Got back on the Blog horse (So meta right now! I know!)

My stars! It's like I'm some kind of effectiveness machine! Getting a bunch of errands done is always the best way for me to rev myself up. I love making a list at the beginning of the day just so I can cross things out as I do them. It's like a receipt saying that you paid your effort into today, and in return you should feel good.

I'm not stopping here, there's so much day ahead of me. Luckily, I've saved the more enjoyable tasks for the second half of the day. Coming up is: Shopping for/hopefully ordering a space heater, making some adjustment to my arrangement of Good Vibrations for Speakeasy, and watching some of Firefly that Chuck P lent me so I can eventually give it back to him. I think tonight I'll go out, rebelling against my recent hermitude, and perhaps I'll even reward myself by buying some books I've been wanting. Wednesday was not ready for me when it woke up this morning, and I'm taking full advantage!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home