Tuesday, February 27, 2007

2 Legit 2 Quit

Today is a day off from work.

Things I did today (so far)

  • Woke up around 8:30am
  • Read 100 Bullets
  • Ate some breakfast (Wegmans' Frosted Shredded Wheat)
  • Went on the internet for a while
  • Took a nap
  • Read 100 Bullets some more
  • Ate "lunch" (Triscuts and hummus)
  • Made plans to make dinner with a friend
  • Finished 100 Bullets, started A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
  • Got on the internet again, to write this blog

That's all so far. No shower, haven't stepped outside, haven't even changed out of pajamas. A lazy day, a day that will dissappear in my memory. (Where did last Tuesday go? What did I even do that day?) But was it unproductive? I didn't advance my chances of getting in to grad school, nor my chances of getting a "real" job. But I have always said we are far more than our occupations. I submit that today was very worthwhile, and that everyone should have a day of lazy pampering to remind them why they work hard, or even leave the house, the rest of the days.

The best part is that if anyone asks me what I did today I can just say "I spent the day reading" and it sounds so worthwhile. Take that television, and I guess television-watchers too.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home