Friday, January 13, 2006

Goodbye, cruel Cleveland

A good friend of mine is leaving Cleveland forever. I mean, he may well come back and visit at some point, but you know how hard that is. Is it really selfish for me to be sad to see him go? I kind of feel like it is. As soon as he wrote his friends to tell us, I had two simultaneous reactions: "Oh that is so great for Charles, that's exactly what he needs in life," and "Oh that sucks so bad for me because I love hanging out with him, plus he's one of the few people I know who has been here as long as I have." Of course I'm sad to see my friend leave, but for some reason I feel weirdly selfish thinking about it. Maybe it's because I'm a bit jealous. Maybe I'm overemphasizing the length of our friendship and I don't know if it's really requited. Or maybe I'm afraid that I've been around here long enough that no one is going to feel all nostalgic and sad when I leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home