Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Crisis in the bathroom

I just had a weird self-referential thought.

I remember once describing a movie as "Good, better than I expected it to be!" My question is, was this a complement? I think I meant it as such, but basically I was saying that all I required was that it surpass my low expectations. Perhaps simply by saying that it was "better than I expected" I have ruined the credibility of my opinion (at least on this matter) by pointing out that I had a skewed perspective. I threw the standards of critical objectivity in my own face! OH NO WHAT HAVE I DONE?!!



PS- yes, this existential (yes?) crisis hit me while I was in the bathroom. I was washing my hands, thank you very much.

PPS- Incidentally, the movie I was referring to was Woody Allen's "Melinda and Melinda," which has an interesting premise. Perhaps you would enjoy hearing about it from someone else?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home