Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Bedtime Story

Today I thought of like 4 great things that I should write about on here. Of course, I don't remember any of them, and now I'm too tired to think of anything else creative to say.

I will relate one quick story, which relates to me being so tired. Once upon a time my sister was washing the kitchen floor or the bathroom or something. When she was done she commented that even though she washed her hands, they still smelled like Pine Sol. Apparently my mom responded, "If you don't want them to smell like that for the rest of your life, then you should go to college." Now my sister was already planning on going to college, and certainly didn't need this mildly-threatening encouragement, but I guess the story stuck with me instead. And now I know why. I did go to college, a good one, and I got a good degree, but this week I have been experiencing the male version of "...and that's why you go to college." I've been working a temp job setting up for a conference and all I've been doing is getting ordered around to move heavy things. (Or, sometimes, boxes full of heavy things.) Every morning I've been waking up aching. Every night I've been crashing on my bed and passing out from physical exhaustion. Not in the good "I went on a long hike today" way. In the frustrating "I moved a bunch of shit, then I moved half of it back because someone changed their mind or got different orders." It is not satisfying AND it's painful.

But I already went to college. And there's the rub.

The end!
No moral.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home