Sunday, April 02, 2006

My head a splode

Last night I was watching TV with some buddies, and we came across this cartoon. It was on Cartoon Network late at night, there were dolphins and they mentioned "Sealab" so we assumed it was Sealab 2021. But there was something wrong. It was really awful, the "train wreck" kind of awful that you just can't turn away from. As we watched it I commented that the main hero looked like a young Chuck Norris. Then I noticed that the other characters were actually calling him "Chuck." What a coincidence! About 3/4 of the way through the villain Superninja (I told you it was really bad) yelled in his G.I. Joe villain knockoff voice "I'll finish Norris!" We were stunned. Somehow we had come across a cartoon actually starring Chuck Norris, ending with a live-action Norris giving an inspirational message about never giving up. It was such an indescribably bad/great/really, REALLY bad show. Then I remembered a friend of mine telling me about a short-lived Chuck-Norris-themed cartoon that he found via the internet. After a quick search on my own it turns out that others have had this revelation. The show only ran for 5 episodes, probably due to the awkward animation, the discontinuity-riddled plotlines, and the painful dialogue between the retarded stock characters. But luckily for us, someone was smart enough to put a clip on the interweb so we could all be amazed.

So I submit to you now: Chuck Norris: Karate Kommandos.

It was suggested that you take a shot every time the announcer says "Chuck Norris." That's nine times in one 1-minute intro! I guess the dude just really likes Chuck Norris.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home