Tuesday, March 27, 2007

doodles

I need to get a scanner, if for no other reason than scanning pictures I've drawn and posting them on this blag. (Yes, blag.)

I have been reading through my old psychology texts and notes recently. I have been doing this for two reasons:
1) To try and keep my mind somewhat scientifically oriented
2) To study for the upcoming Psychology GRE Subject Test.

One of the things I sort of forgot about was how I doodled in the margins of my notes. Some classes' notes have no doodles, indicative of fast paced note-taking (or particularly gripping lectures). The classes where we could download powerpoint slides beforehand are pretty intricately decorated. I tended towards illustrations of silly phrases that popped into my head, and occasionally abstract designs that I would then try to turn into pictures. Sometimes there is commentary on the text of the notes. Sometimes there are pictures of me stabbing my eyes out with pens because I was really bored. All around, it's made the note re-reading process interesting.

Which brings me to one doodle in particular. It is not a picture, but clearly came from the same frame of mind. And given my currently abiguous future, it's strange to see how my mind was working on the options one sleepy morning in class. It reads:

Future jobs:
-Rock Star
-Work at Monkey Colony
-Psychologist

The first is, of course, everyone's dream. The third is the current plan. The second... I don't remember this nor do I know what to say about it. I will simply point out that "Monkey Colony" is capitalized, so clearly in my mind it was some sort of proper noun. If you find one, let me know, I'd like to keep my options open.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home