Thursday, May 25, 2006

A small thought

Well I guess I've been pretty delinquent about posting ever since my shãvifesto. So here is a thing I thought of.

I bet that the little keychain remote controls that lock your car from a distance really help people with OCD. When one pushes the "lock" button once, one's car locks. When one pushes the button again, the car usually beeps, flashes its lights, or both. Thusly, instead of having to go all the way back to the car to compulsively make sure all the doors are locked, a person suffering from OCD needs only to get within distance of the remote control. Hopefully the person does not start worrying that the remote isn't working, particularly if the car still beeps.

To all the car manufacturers who read this blog: good work! You may not have cured people dealing with OCD, but you've saved them some walking.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i typically like to hear about two or three confirmation beeps before i am confident that my car is securely locked

 

Post a Comment

<< Home