Monday, April 17, 2006

Beardo

So whenever I'm away from my lady for a few days it seems inevitable that I grow a beard. Chicks dig a well-groomed man. I suppose that while the dog has earned the title of "man's best friend" the barber is the girl's best friend. This hypothesis is further supported by the revelation that dogs and barbers have opposite effects on the amount of hair/fur that is on a person. Read that over. In my world, this is how logic works.

I got my hair cut fairly recently. I noticed that without the darker hair of my scalp in the mix, the hair you see when my sideburns are short is strikingly red. As the days pass without a lady to shave for, I notice that the hair on my face and particularly on my chin is also red. I remember when I grew a beard a few years ago that it was a little red, but it seems even moreso now. This got me thinking: If all of my hair was the half-dark/half-red mix of my beard, I would look so cool. It adds texture and warmth to the look because there are multiple colors and shades going on. Alas, my head is mixed instead with a light salting of white hairs. Perhaps as I age the whole thing will turn into a red/brown-black/white kaleidoscope?

In semi-related news, my sister asked me last week if I wanted to be the "celebrant" (for lack of a better term) at her wedding this summer. She and her boo are getting legally married beforehand, but they want me to lead the ceremony for the friends/family! She said I have a good voice for it, and I could be "appropriately regal." Perhaps this summer I will grow a beard to look the part. It would be an appropriate time for it since I'll be living in my parents' house, so I will probably be removed from anything having to do with ladies. The only problem is that beards, especially new beards, can be warm and itchy. Not exactly ideal for the hot and humid Buffalo summer. Maybe Alice will move the wedding to the winter, to better suit my beard-needs.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home