Monday, June 05, 2006

One Thing I Like

It has been days and days since I last added words to this blog. I have been filling up my head, and occasionally the air around me, with words, and have spared none of them for the world of 1's and 0's. This is largely because of the inconvenience of my only port of entry into digital space. I have recently moved from Cleveland, OH to Buffalo, NY, and (more importantly to the blogging world) from an apartment with the computer in the bedroom to a house with the computer in the basement. My father has quite a nice setup down here, but it doesn't have the friendly allure of my little iMac that seemed to smile at me, from the desk next to my bed, as I awoke. I used to stand, scratch, rub the eyes, et cetera, then wake the computer up on my way to the bathroom. We practiced our own morning rituals that prepared us for working together. While I occasionally felt like a slave to the heroin-like world of instant access, with my unassuming iMac as the irresistible needle, it was more often a convenient way to start the day. I enjoyed it, the morning ritual of checking favorite websites, planning my dress according to the hourly weather forecast and finding something to entertain my eyes during breakfast. But I suppose part of the reason I moved cities was to break out of my patterns and habits, and this is the roundabout way of me telling myself, "apparently it's working."

I started writing this with an entirely different intention. Instead, you are party to a small moment of self-discovery. My original thoughts, on something entirely different that I like, can wait. For now, I will see you in your dreams.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home