Friday, April 06, 2007

Runs in the family stocking

On a break at work today I read the comics in the paper. When I came back someone asked me how my break was and I said, "it was good, I read the paper." If you only have a few minutes, glancing over the front page and reading the comics totally counts as reading the newspaper.

When I got home my dad was already back from work. He said he had a very productive day and had come home early. He was "catching up on the paper [he] didn't read this morning." When he set down the paper a little while later I took a look at it, and sho' nuff it was the very same comics page.

Between my dad and me, people have always compared our faces, voices, senses of humor, facial-hair-growing-abilities and the like, but this was a comparison that really hit it home for me. As my Aunt Kitty (my dad's sister) used to say, "no matter how you fight it, you turn out like your parents!" Of course, there are always differences, often major ones, but there are some inheritances you just can't deny.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home