Sunday, September 03, 2006

I saw a race!

At about 2am on Saturday morning, I witnessed a real-life race on the STREETZ. I was driving home on a fairly big road (2 lanes each way at 45mph) and I stopped at a stoplight behind this big, red pickup truck. The light turned green and we both accelerated through the intersection. Just as he reached the other side, well into his acceleration but not at full speed, this little silver sorts car zoomed by in the left lane. Instantly, the truck put his weight on it and the race was ON! Against my better judgment, I had to speed up and follow this. This was a thing, and I knew it. Soon the giant engine of the truck brought him necks with the sports car and they evened out. They zoomed even faster right next to each other. Then, strangely, they both hit their break lights and slowed down, but stayed perfectly even. There was no stop light, no other traffic, they just slowed down to a moderate clip and stayed perfectly next to each other. As the non-participative observer, I saw this car-body language and instantly leapt to two conclusions:

1) They suddenly made friends and were talking through their windows, or
2) They were threatening to kill each other.

Either way, this stretch of road is bringing people together!

PS-When I first stopped I had to turn left in 1 mile, so I had every reason to be in the left lane. I thought that as I stopped behind the truck. But if I had been in the proper lane I would have blocked the silver car and, thus, the race. Perhaps it was DESTINY.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home